Creative Learning Music Center (CMLC)
Studio Policy for Parents & Students
Studio Mission: To provide expert instruction in all lesson offerings that best develop, and continue to develop, each and every student.
What we require of Parents and/or students:
- Monthly Payments. Monthly lesson fees are due the first of the month. They can be dropped off in the office in the designated “Student Payments” box, or can be mailed to the address below (post marked by the 7th). Payments received after the 10th will be assessed 10% late fee, applied to the total outstanding balance. A 30 day advanced notice is required for monthly lesson cancellations – short term or permanent. Monthly lesson fees are due in the 30 day period. The student will be moved to “inactive” status at the end of the 30 day period. Notices must be made to the office via phone or email.
- Report Student Absences. Minimum 24 hour advanced notice of scheduled lesson is required to consider lesson makeups. Please notify the office via phone or email. 24 hour notice does not guarantee lesson makeup as these depend on reason for absence, as well as studio and teacher availability. All possible makeup lessons must be approved in advance by the office and not arranged with the teacher.
- Teacher Absences. Lessons that are not held due to a teacher’s absence will be rescheduled at the convenience of the student. All makeup lessons due to teacher’s absence must be rescheduled in advance by the office and not arranged directly with the teacher.
- Be on time. Each lesson will begin and end per the scheduled time on the lesson calendar. Students should report to their assigned lesson studio.
- Safety note: Parents of children under 9 are required to park in designated spots only and escort their child to the main lobby (Studios 1 through 6), or to the entry door (Studio 7 – garage), and meet their child in the same location at the end of the lesson. Parents are always welcome to wait in the lobby area of the main building or Studio 7.
- Parking: For the safety of all, all cars should be parked in designated spots only.
- Practice. We want each student to succeed. With any learning, that takes study and practice. Teachers will clarify expectations for student practice at the end of each lesson and review actual practice achieved at the beginning of each subsequent lesson. Please encourage your student to practice. In general 5 days a week, repeating each piece 3 to 5 times at an appropriate tempo.
- Lesson Prorates. Monthly lessons may be prorated in the initial lesson month if the student was not registered to start until after the first lesson week. Prorates will be clarified at the time of registration.
- Permanent Schedule Changes. Please notify the office if your student requires a permanent change in schedule. If a change is mid-month, we will make our best efforts to accommodate these requests, but hopefully will be able to find the desired spot in the following lesson month. Permanent schedule changes must be approved in advance by the office.
- Year Round Schedule. CMLC operates on a year-round schedule. Our fiscal calendar runs September 1 through August 31. Our annual calendar is published on our website as well as posted in our studio. Our fiscal year provides 48 lessons per year – an average of 4 lessons per month.
- Lesson Rate Changes. Monthly lesson rates are subject to change annually, effective September 1. Advanced notice will be made through publication on our website and email to active students.
15803 East Sprague Avenue Spokane Valley, WA 99037
Thank you for choosing Creative Music Learning Center